Sunday, April 12, 2009

Yay!

Progress - I lost three pounds this week! I know that most of it is probably water, but I don't care. The scale is moving in the appropriate direction. :)

Yesterday I took an exercise break so I could study and just chill a little. Tonight I will probably do another video.

I made some yummy, but healthy treats yesterday. First was a delightful salad - spinach leaves, strawberries, baked chicken (wish it'd been grilled, but alas - no grill), and fat-free raspberry vinaigrette. Sinful! Lots of dietary goodness, and it was soooo yummy!

The second treat was to curb my sweet tooth, which was begging for ice cream. I bought some fat-free vanilla ice cream (just 80 calories for 1/2 a cup) and paired it with a banana, fat-free caramel syrup and Hershey's dark chocolate syrup. A little of the syrups goes a long way, and really helps to deal with the craving for ice cream. The whole thing would've been the equivalent of 6 WWPs - a little decadent, but certainly better than indulging in a banana split from Sonic, eh?

I think breakfast is going to involve pineapple, banana, strawberry, apple and maybe some whole-grain toast with a smear of natural peanut butter.

Here's the key to all this: I've got to keep it doable for the long haul. If at any point I start to feel like I'm on a diet, that will be the end of it. That's part of the reason I'm not counting points - I just got tired of it the first time I was on Weight Watchers. Like I've said before, I am following the principles of the program, but not the letter.

Here's to the start of another great week!

No comments: