Friday, April 17, 2009

Scheduling

I have encountered an unexpected snag. Jeff's new job has him working nights (7pm-7am), which means that he sleeps in the daytime, and on days he doesn't work, is totally underfoot. The problem with all this is that it often leaves me without a good time to exercise. I can work out in my bedroom, but it's not ideal because there isn't quite enough room to move. If he is home, he and Bebo are monopolizing the TV in the living room, and I don't like working out with an audience. Obviously, daytime workouts are out of the question because my lardo butt stomping around on the hardwood floor in this little house wouldn't exactly be conducive to his bedtime, now would it?

Gotta figure out something...

In the meantime, I'm still figuring out cooking, too. I really love casseroles & soups, but it seems like lately with everyone going different directions, it's been easier for us to fend for ourselves. I don't like it, but it seems to be working for now. I might reduce my preferred weekend cooking to one or two casseroles, leaving the rest of the meals up to the whim of the moment.

What I really need to do is think of this as a lifestyle, and that can be the hardest part of all.

No comments: