Tuesday, April 21, 2009

In Recovery

This week, I decided to up the ante a bit with my exercise. I increased the weights - not significantly, I thought, but it seems that even a one or two pound difference is enough to make your muscles scream "Uncle!'"

I didn't want to work out at all. I'm not exactly feeling great, and I just wasn't in the mood. But I kept thinking about my goal, and the reason I want to lose the weight - so I pushed myself through anyway.

My eating habits haven't been spectacular, but they are still a drastic improvement over what I would have eaten a few weeks ago. I think it's time to back off the artificial sweeteners, because I seem to have a constant sweet tooth. I'm slowly decreasing the amount I put in my tea, although my morning brew is just going to have to settle for coffee with my cream & splenda. :)

In one of my former WW lives, I had started a mini-scrapbook, and I'm thinking about doing that again. I suppose I should take "before" pictures, too, even as much as I hate facing the camera. Having a visual comparison to see where I've been and where I'm going is an incredible motivation.

And on that note, I have cooled off sufficiently to hop in the shower, and then I think I'm going to turn in early. 'Night!

No comments: