Saturday, April 4, 2009

....and We're Off!

Haven't posted in a while because I haven't dieted in a while. My brain has just been too overloaded lately to think about eating healthy. The other gigantic problem is that fresh produce is way more expensive than ramen noodles and mac & cheese. But I've been thinking about it (as my "fat" jeans are getting increasingly uncomfortable) and have decided that it makes more sense to spend a litle extra money now instead of later.

My father-in-law is diabetic. He's in the hospital for the second time this year. While my family doesn't have a predisposition for diabetes, Jeff's does, and that means Braeden does, too. Yes, he's a skinny-mini, but I have got to change his habits now before permanent damage is done.

So I went to the store and bought (cheap) basic foods - tea, chicken, produce, whole wheat pasta - that sort of thing. I'm going to cook all the chicken at once and chop the veggies for the salad at the same time. We just can't afford the exotic stuff I really like, so we're going to have to get used to plain old food. bleh.

In a few minutes I'm heading over to the old house to do some serious cleaning. Depending on how hard we work, I might come home and do a WATP video or something. My big exercise goal for tonight is actually to make out a schedule for the month. I am more likely to work out if I schedule it in. It will be tough with finals coming up, but I am just going to have to make myself do it.

Oh, and I'm brining the scale from the old house. Time to face the music I've been avoiding for the last few months.

No comments: