Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hoping

I really hope that when I step on the scale Sunday I will have lost some weight. I've worked hard this week, exercising and trying my best to eat right (albeit on a budget). I did a tough sculpting video tonight, and my legs feel like jelly. I might not exercise tomorrow because I have serious housework to do - mopping, dusting, laundry - that sort of thing. I learned a long time ago that if I can burn some serious calories if I really attack the house instead of halfway cleaning at it.

Today I ate Uncle Sam's cereal with banana chunks for breakfast, a tuna-hummus-spinach English muffin sandwich, a small bowl of Fruity Pebbles, a miniature 3 Musketeers, a fresco chicken taco and pintos & cheese. I think I'll eat an apple for a bedtime snack.

I went grocery shopping and bought a lot of fruit - strawberries, pineapple, bananas, etc. Tomorrow I'll chop the berries and freeze them. I might do the same with the pineapple. Of course, I've never bought a pineapple, and I don't exactly know what to do with it (though I thought I might roast some of the slices in the oven.) Meals this coming week will be simple again, but I think I can tolerate that.

Here's to a healthy three-day weekend!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

On the pineapple front...I buy them all the time... when looking, look for a pinapple that is starting to turn yellow... not already dark yellow though, if it is just right the center leaves will pull out pretty easily. I LOVE fresh pinapple.... and if you have a grill, all the better on there!!!

(BTW... if you ever used canned slices... take the slices put them on the grill then cover the juice left in the can with foil and set it on the roasting rack while you grill the slices... it sorta carmelizes the juice and is rather amazing over vanilla ice cream!

Amanda Mac said...

Oh, my.... the juice-on-ice cream thing sounds divine!