Wednesday, April 15, 2009

NSV!!

"NSV" is Weight Watcher speak for "non-scale victory." It signifies an event, however small, of achievement in the weight loss journey. Today I had a wonderful NSV.

When you're overweight, you might have the same problem I do - the inner thighs of my jeans are all worn thin. Since I usually only have 1-2 pairs of jeans at any given time, I tend to go through them rather quickly. My current pair is starting to thin, and I know it won't be much longer before holes are poking through. I had another pair, supposedly in the same size, but cut differently, that I haven't worn in a couple of months because they were so tight they were uncomfortable.

Tonight I only had one pair of jeans clean - the tight ones, of course - so I thought I'd try them on, hoping that maybe they wouldn't be too ridiculously snug and that I could at least suffer through an hour of church without being too miserable. To my total surprise, they fit quite comfortably! I'm not bothered in the least by wearing them. Woot!

Just goes to show ya that three pounds lost and a little bit of exercise can do more than you realize - even when the results just aren't visible yet.

No comments: