Sunday, April 19, 2009

Goal 1: Met

I decided to follow the advice I see in every weight-loss article and set mini-goals of five pounds each. This morning, two weeks in, I met my first goal. Actually, I passed it - I lost three pounds for a total of six lost. This makes me happy, of course - especially since it's that time of the month ,and I tend to retain water pretty badly.

I have done my very best to force down as much fluid as possible. Yesterday I drank three Bubba Kegs ( 34 oz) of water and three of decaf unsweetened tea. (Funny how I measure water intake in Bubba Kegs!) I also spent two hours busting tail on the house, and even though I didn't really want to, another 30 minutes on the bike. 30 minutes is all I can take before my back & butt start to hurt. The seat is not the most comfortable thing in the world.

Moving on to this week... my goals are:

1) dig out a cardio video. I am awful at it, but I need to step up the cardio a bit from the bike. Not sure yet which one I'll do.

2) Keep guzzling the water - a minimum of 3 Bubba Kegs a day.

3) Plan menus for next week with at least one casserole-type food. I am quickly getting tired of piecing together all my meals in the form of sandwiches or salads. It just isn't the way I enjoy eating - I like complexity and crazy flavors.

I can do it, yes I can!

No comments: