Monday, April 7, 2008

Defining Moment

I swore I'd never do it, but I used the "no-weigh" pass tonight. I knew the scale would show a gain, and I simply didn't need that discouragement.

That being said, I had a good food day. I resisted the urge for a bean burrito, and ate (mostly) Core foods. It meant a little improvising, since I haven't done a major shopping trip lately. I did make a fabulous chicken salad (I eat the stuff for breakfast, it's so good!), and I have boiled eggs cooling for an egg salad, too.

In other matters... have you ever had one of those Defining Moments? You know, that trigger that suddenly snaps you back to reality? I had one. A big one. I even hesitate to post this, but the truth is those of you who know me beyond the cyberworld already know what I look like.

Jeff had a "change project" due for school. He had to improve someone (who naturally wound up being me) by encouraging regular exercise. Ha! Because of rain and infrequent opportunity, we only walked 3 days. This meant we had to stage some photographs at the track, which is where that Defining Moment took place.

When I saw the pictures, I was horrified. Literally. I wanted to cry. I didn't know I looked like that. It's not exactly an angle I see often, you know? I just can't believe that's me - it doesn't feel like me! But I know the camera didn't lie. How did I let myself get to this point? My word, I'm a cow.

I think I'm going to enlarge this photo and hang it on the refrigerator. And the pantry. And my computer. And the rearview mirror. I do not want to be this person. Ever. No way. This is not who I am!!!

No comments: