Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Control

I'm losing it.

Not the weight - oh, how I wish that were the case! - no, I am losing my tenuous grip on control. If the fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control, then I am most definitely lacking the last one. It doesn't just affect my weight loss attempts, either. I constantly battle myself, never doing what I want to do and never stopping what I don't want to do. (I think there's a Bible verse about that, too...)

I don't want to lose control now. Too much is at stake. I also know that I will never, ever, ever on my own manage to learn self-control - or self-discipline, or whatever you want to call it.

So my prayer is simply that I can keep myself in check. That is all.

No comments: