Thursday, January 13, 2011

Scrapbooking

A zillion years ago when I lost weight the first time, I kept a scrapbook. I decided to do it again this go-round, as it was such a wonderful motivator and reminder of how far I'd come. This time I set up a template that I'll use each week (I don't exactly have a lot of time to be making brand-new pages over and over), and eventually I will have it printed by Shutterfly in an 8x8 book.

Here's the interesting thing: I needed a before picture, and the most recent one I could find of myself was taken over nine months ago! Before that I could only find headshots of myself, not full-body shots. I hate having my picture taken, but it dawned on me that I'd effectively erased myself from my family's pictures simply because I couldn't stand seeing myself so . . . fat.

So, I will resolve to move in front of the camera every now and then, and not just for "after" pictures. Which brings me to another point - there's no "after" shot in the page I'm going to show you. My tripod is busted so I will have to wait for Jeff to take the picture, but I wanted to show off a little now. I'm really happy with the design, and just hoping that I can keep up with it with my busy schedule.

One more thing - it does start with week 14. That's how long I've been doing WW this time. I only just now started the book, though.


 
**ETA: I was shocked when I compared the two pics. Even though the first one is old, it was at my highest weight. I have accomplished far more than I realized!!

No comments: