Friday, January 2, 2009

New year, Day 2

I'm starting off the new year with a rip-roaring cough, nasal congestion, and sporadic asthma attacks. Not the best motivator for exercising, ya know? But that's okay. I tried quinoa yesterday - strange, but edible - though I'm uncertain how I'll get my family to eat it. I did manage to go grocery shopping, and at hubby's request, made a list of prices. He wants me to at least try shopping somewhere besides Wal-Mart, though in this area I am honestly not convinced I'm going to get things any cheaper. But I'm going along with him anyway, since he asked real nice. ;)

The vegetarian thing is going to happen slowly. I have some meat in the freezer that needs to be used up, and I don't want to make the transition a sudden, ugly thing for the rest of the fam.

I weighed myself this morning. I am not recording the weight here, so don't ask. However, I am going to jot it down in a safe place and hide the scale for a while. I wanted to have a reference point for later, and that's the only reason I got on it.

Now I'm off to slowly struggle through a day of housework and cooking, hopefully without inducing a coughing fit or asthma attack. Wish me luck!

No comments: