Thursday, March 20, 2008

Oh. My. Gosh.

Where have you been all my life, Peanut Chicken with Vegetables and Noodles? I never dreamed something with such a weird combination of tastes could possibly be this delicious. Jeff needs to get off work pronto or I'm going to eat the entire thing!!! Since I'm a nice person, I'll share the recipe with you. :)

Peanut Chicken with Vegetables and Noodles

1 lb. chicken breasts (or turkey)
1/2 smooth reduced-fat peanut butter
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1 tsp. garam masala
8 oz. whole-wheat spaghetti
12 oz. bag fresh veggie medley (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)

Cook chicken. (I chose to grill turkey, but you could also boil it.) Transfer chicken to cutting board, when cool enough to handle, shred into bite-sized strips.

Whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, chili, ginger, and garam masala in large bowl.

Cook pasta in boiling water. Halfway through cooking time, add vegetables. Cook until both are tender. Drain, reserving 2/3 c. cooking liquid. Stir reserved liquid into peanut sauce. Add pasta, vegetables, and chicken; toss well to coat. Serve warm or chilled.

Serves 6.


Don't knock this until you've tried it. It is incredible!

No comments: